Something is draining the life force out of my plant

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Around a week ago I've noticed leaves dying one by one from down up on my vine, they look as if they are drained and then they die. The plant is in a really good spot with not too much sun or shadow and is watered regularly but not too much, i haven't seen any sickness or insect indication on or around it.

I would really appreciate some help identifying what the problem is and how i can fix it, thank you.

Attachments

• 20240627_055736.jpg
    20240627_055736.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Country
Israel
How often are you fertilizing? It could be lack of nitrogen, or iron, or a number of other things.
If I'm honest I haven't fertilized those at all, usaully my plants are in really good soil and show results without having to add anything, could you guess which thing they lack in your opinion?

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I'm honest I haven't fertilized those at all, usaully my plants are in really good soil and show results without having to add anything, could you guess which thing they lack in your opinion?
Plants will deplete the soil over time. I'd give it a fertilizer with a bit higher ratio of nitrogen than phosphorous and potassium and if you don't see the leaves greening up in a few werks, a fish emulsion sprayed on the leaves will provide other nutrients that may be missing in your soil.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with Anniekay that it may need food. It may also have a root rot, fungus, gnats, or stemrot. Is it a house plant in waterlogged soil? If you blow on the surface of the soil do you see anything fly away or anything tiny move? Is there any white mold, mildew or a sunken wierd desicated look to the soil. It is natural for really old leaves to die from plants. Vines esspecially loose older leaves to make room for new ones periodically. But loosing leaves or the vine withering can also be signs of poor nutrition or a disease effecting the roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Check the pH of the soil. If it is out of range, the plant can't uptake the correct ratio of nutrients and the leaves generally look like that. A wilt disease usually shows browning/yellowing of some portion of the leaf before veins stand out like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
First, what is it?
What exactly have you done for its care?
How long has it been in its pot?
What kind of “soil” is it in? Potting soil, cactus mix, garden soil, a mix of two or more?
How do you decide when to water it?
How often do you water it?
Does the pot have a hole for drainage?
When you water, does some come out the bottom?
Do you have a saucer to catch extra water?
How often do you fertilize it?
What do you use?
When does it get sun? What side of the structure is it on?
How long is it in the sun?
What has the weather been like?
Can you post pictures of the whole plant with pot, base of the stem, closeup of both sides of a leaf, any flower or fruit?

Without knowing more about the situation it’s really hard to solve the problem.

Last edited:

Ask a Question