Skinny Schefflera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there. I have a very tall, very skinny Schefflera. I know that I should prune it, but I’m not sure how much to take off, or what bits to take off. I would like to propagate the cuttings. Once the cuttings begin to grow, can I put them back in with the mother plant? I have a cutting that grew into a small tree with just one stem. It’s very healthy and growing fast, but it has only one stem/trunk. Love the Schefflera, but need to learn more.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They are very tough and easy to propagate. You can cut the stems wherever you want a new branch. You don't even need to start the new cuttings in a separate pot, just stick them in with the original plant and keep moist.
Both of them look like they could use more light. Try opening the blinds as much as possible.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are very tough and easy to propagate. You can cut the stems wherever you want a new branch. You don't even need to start the new cuttings in a separate pot, just stick them in with the original plant and keep moist.
Both of them look like they could use more light. Try opening the blinds as much as possible.
Thank you for the info!

Ask a Question