Seasonal flowers do not seem to do well here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I had great hopes this time of getting back seasonal flowers in my garden that used to fill my garden a few years ago. I went online and bought a whole lot of seeds. They have germinated well. I transplanted the cosmos but am disappointed to see that even before the plant can grow to a reasonable size it has started flowering.
No doubt the flower is pretty and looks cute but that is not what I wanted to see.

Anyone knows what could have happened? Do I still have hopes that these plants will grow taller?

001.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I think there may be something lacking in the soil in your pots Grouie, have you tried planting them directly into the ground when they are large enough? It could also be the amount of heat that you have there bringing them on to flower to quickly. You could try taking off the flower buds to encourage them to grow taller before flowering. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I think there may be something lacking in the soil in your pots Grouie, have you tried planting them directly into the ground when they are large enough? It could also be the amount of heat that you have there bringing them on to flower to quickly. You could try taking off the flower buds to encourage them to grow taller before flowering. :)

The same soil is doing well with other plants :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, then I can only suggest you plant them into the ground to see if that makes a difference and take off any flower buds to encourage root and top growth.

Reaction score
AW! So sorry to hear you didn't get what you were expecting. There definitely is something lacking in the soil. I think most bloomers require a really rich soil. Hopefully next year it will be better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Do you feed it? A good fertilizer can really make your plants grow big and healthy:)
I like the shape of your flower pot:)

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
The soil might be good for other plants but not that particular one. Perhaps check out the kind that is needed for the plant. That's all I can think of since you are doing everything else right:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It could also be the seed. I've had issues with Cosmos seed failing this year and any plants that grew were weak.

Ask a Question