pomegranate fruit

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I grow this fruit and simply love it. The small shrub I have growing in my garden produces fruit most of the time and can be weighed down by the crop at times. I love the taste of the fruit especially since I am the only one who seems to like it in my family. It is a really interesting fruit right down to the way it is eaten. I could sit for hours on end, peeling off the juicy seeds and popping them into my mouth. Does anyone else like this fruit?
pom.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also love pomegranate and like you I just pop them in my mouth once it is opened. It is quite expensive here in our local store, but I just need to treat the family to it once in a while :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love pomegranates!!!:D They're such sweet, juicy and delicious fruits. You're lucky you can grow them:) I dream about having my own pomegranate tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Pomegranate is very expensive here that's why I had tasted that fruit only once. When we moved into this house, there was a pomegranate in the front yard. It was fruiting so I was kind of excited when the fruit turned to reddish in color. But when we harvested the fruit, it yielded seeds that were dry. We learned later that it was a decorative pomegranate and not really for eating. Unfortunately, that pomegranate is now gone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love them too, they're a small fortune here in Japan though as well - so it's only a very rare treat to get to have them! I also really like pomegranate juice, it's very refreshing!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do love the taste of the fruit all though I do not get it very often due to the expense of the fruit. It is hard to open but so worth it when you finally get it open.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I grow this fruit and simply love it. The small shrub I have growing in my garden produces fruit most of the time and can be weighed down by the crop at times. I love the taste of the fruit especially since I am the only one who seems to like it in my family. It is a really interesting fruit right down to the way it is eaten. I could sit for hours on end, peeling off the juicy seeds and popping them into my mouth. Does anyone else like this fruit?

That's a beautiful pomegranate you got there too in the picture. Notice the dark red seeds. Could be from the sharp velvet or garnet sash trees. For people who are not accustomed to eating it can seem like an annoying treat with all those seeds, but once you get into it the combination of sweet and tangy flavors are quite refreshing. We always hear about the health benefits of this fruit also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I grow this fruit and simply love it. The small shrub I have growing in my garden produces fruit most of the time and can be weighed down by the crop at times. I love the taste of the fruit especially since I am the only one who seems to like it in my family. It is a really interesting fruit right down to the way it is eaten. I could sit for hours on end, peeling off the juicy seeds and popping them into my mouth. Does anyone else like this fruit? View attachment 8944
Wow! Growing your own pomegranates....... That sounds so exotic. they meant it be so good for you too.

Reaction score
I grew up with pomegranates in my backyard. They were my favorite fruits to much on as a child. The only thing I dislike is all of the white pulp you have to remove. It can get tedious, but once you get to the actual red seeds it's the best!

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I grow this fruit and simply love it. The small shrub I have growing in my garden produces fruit most of the time and can be weighed down by the crop at times. I love the taste of the fruit especially since I am the only one who seems to like it in my family. It is a really interesting fruit right down to the way it is eaten. I could sit for hours on end, peeling off the juicy seeds and popping them into my mouth. Does anyone else like this fruit? View attachment 8944

Wow! I wish my pomegranate would bear fruits like yours! Actually, I posted a thread regarding my problem with my pomegranate tree. I received a lot of wonderful tips and ideas from our forum friends. I will try them and I pray that I will get to see these deep red seeds.

Yours is a dwarf, I presume. How long did it take for it to bear fruits?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Belgium
I have a pomegranate tree, but don't really like it, I do like the flavor, but hate the seeds. Next time I will try to juice them.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I love this fruit. It is has many health benefits. Very good for people who are suffering from low blood pressure. I have white and red variety of pomegranate in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I did google it last month. there are also benefits in the seeds. I love chewing on it all. Having a container in the fridge of the fruit chilled is very refreshing. Its also good on cereal, hot or cold. And as a decoration to certain desserts.

Ask a Question