Poinsettia leaves started dropping suddendly

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hi everyone, this is my first message in the forum, I'm here to ask for help for my poinsettia.

I bought it last Christmas and repotted it immediately, using a larger pot and generic ground. It had been doing fine since then, but in the past few days its leaves started drying and dropping suddendly.

IMG_20201219_102807846.jpg

I always kept it in my bedroom, and I was careful not to water it unless the soil felt dry. I live in Lubiana, and it's been kinda cold and cloudy for the past few weeks, so it didn't get too much light, but I seem to understand it shouldn't be a problem. Clearly, I open the window a few times every day, but I hope the temperature never dropped so much as to harm it.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to save it!
Thanks!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, this is my first message in the forum, I'm here to ask for help for my poinsettia.

I bought it last Christmas and repotted it immediately, using a larger pot and generic ground. It had been doing fine since then, but in the past few days its leaves started drying and dropping suddendly.

View attachment 74259

I always kept it in my bedroom, and I was careful not to water it unless the soil felt dry. I live in Lubiana, and it's been kinda cold and cloudy for the past few weeks, so it didn't get too much light, but I seem to understand it shouldn't be a problem. Clearly, I open the window a few times every day, but I hope the temperature never dropped so much as to harm it.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to save it!
Thanks!
Hello and welcome to the forums, I think that it was too cold, here's a video

Ask a Question