Peach Juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2015/August 2015/22 August 2015 Peach Juice/HTML/index.htm 22 August 2015 Peach Juice
Twelve pounds of locally purchased peaches were processed into 12 liters of pressure canned juice.Cost about $1.50 per pound. The peaches were washed, pits removed by hand squashing, 6 liters of water added to cooking pot. Cooked until soft about 20 minutes, blended into a slurry, processed through Victorio strainer. The Victorio residue was put through a Champion juicer. The 12 liters of juice was pressure canned in two batches, since pressure cooker holds seven jars, at 15 PSI for 15 minutes for long term storage at room temperature.
dsc_648322%20august%202015%20peach%20juice_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sounds great! I love, love, love peach juice. It's delicious:)
Just looking at all those peaches made me hungry:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Wow never tried peach juice before! That process sounds a little complex, but would love to get some peach juice, will have to keep an eye out for it at the shops! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
The photo of the peaches looked interesting to me. You know, I am fond of imported fruits, those fruits that do not grow here and especially those that are rare like peaches and nectarine, red cherries, plums, persimmons and apricot. Except for apricot, we all have those fruits in big grocery stores depending on the season. I still have to sample a fresh apricot.Maybe when I go to the US... hoping.

Ask a Question