Olive tree is withering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I replanted an olive tree in my garden. At first the leaves dropped as expected but now they have started going brown and curling up. I have watered it generously and have also been using different feeds. What do you suggest I do? Will this eventually heal itself?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
im very much a noob. but i think olive trees mostly grow in southern europe and places with similar climate.... maybe theyre not cut out for manchester.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve had the tree since 2018 and it has been thriving outside. The only reason I moved it was because it started growing in to the cherry tree beside it and therefore restricting its growth. I do wonder if it potentially transplant shock but if it is it feels quite drastic.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say you have transplant shock. When did you transplant it? Ideally transplanting trees should take place when they are dormant. If it wasn't dormant, you might save it if you cut it back by 1/3 and pray it has enough feeder roots to recover. Watering it frequently will help it to reestablish.
Actually transplant shock can kill a plant even when you do everything right. Each individual plant has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Ask a Question