New to this forum . Hi . Desperately need some advice on what is wrong with my hedge before spraying them please .

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone
I’m hoping someone can help me with advice . My box hedge has turned orange . I purchased macrozeb thinking it was blight but before spraying I would like some advice if it in fact blight . Thank you so much 😊
IMG_7162.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7157.jpeg
    IMG_7157.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7153.jpeg
    IMG_7153.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7154.jpeg
    IMG_7154.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7160.jpeg
    IMG_7160.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7153.jpeg
    IMG_7153.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like blight to me. We have it in the States as well. I believe people pull them all up, burn them and replace them with yew.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Looks like blight to me. We have it in the States as well. I believe people pull them all up, burn them and replace them with yew.
Thank you 😊
There are also little white spider web like sacs on the hedge . Photo attached of the web .

Attachments

• IMG_7163.jpeg
    IMG_7163.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purely anecdotal, but a friend of mine had it, cut the bushes down to the ground and burnt them. Then the stumps shooted and grew back healthy, he is the sort of person who would have swept up any dead leaves and cleaned up thoroughly.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Purely anecdotal, but a friend of mine had it, cut the bushes down to the ground and burnt them. Then the stumps shooted and grew back healthy, he is the sort of person who would have swept up any dead leaves and cleaned up thoroughly.
Thank you for the advice
Don’t believe it is bright or winter burn ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was assuming blight o the basis of Annie's post, it's not something I have direct experience of. However, looking at your second post, box moth caterpillars cover themselves with a sort of webbing. They are a recent arrival here, but came from South East Asia, so may well be present in Australia. Much easier to deal with than blight, pesticide, but quite a short life cycle so you can get several infections a year.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I was assuming blight o the basis of Annie's post, it's not something I have direct experience of. However, looking at your second post, box moth caterpillars cover themselves with a sort of webbing. They are a recent arrival here, but came from South East Asia, so may well be present in Australia. Much easier to deal with than blight, pesticide, but quite a short life cycle so you can get several infections a year.
Oh thank you 😊
I thought possibly that . Will spray and see what happens and do some further research on it .

Ask a Question