New cherry laurel leaves twisted and distorted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

some of my cherry laurels new leaves are twisted and distorted, anyone got any advice it would be much appreciated. I have attached a pic.

Attachments

• ra4hijjrsscx.jpeg
    ra4hijjrsscx.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only time I've had that happen to a shrub is when I accidentally over fertilized it.

You have new leaf growth and those leaves will probably straighten out as they grow .

I'm not saying thatyou over fertilized your plant, though. I wouldn't stress about this because the plant looks very healthy and whatever has caused it is most likely just temporary.

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
If this is not normal for your type of plant when it leafs out, then it could be blight & you'll need to treat repeatedly with an antifungal. Also, look for the source path in other plants in the garden, unless you just brought this home from a nursery. Be careful to sterilize anything that comes in contact with it like pruning sheers so it doesn't spread to other plants.

Ask a Question