Monstera albo browning

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, this monstera albo has been with me for two years and has been very healthy. In the last 2-3 weeks I noticed the newest leaf has a browning throughout the leaf and some large brown spots on it. I inspected for thrips because several people told me it is that, but I don’t see any signs of them.

I repotted the plant this spring about 2 months ago and have been using my water meter. The soil is actually outdoor soil mix and has been drying out pretty quickly so I water it more than I had been before. Going to pull it up today and inspect for root rot and then replant in some specific indoor plant soil. I also use fertilizer from “Happy Happy House Plant” on all of my plants for years and this has never been an issue. I am wondering if I cut off this leaf will a new one grow? Or since it is the most recent leaf does it need to stay on the plant for a new one to grow? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_8080.jpeg
    IMG_8080.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8081.jpeg
    IMG_8081.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8082.jpeg
    IMG_8082.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question