Mold on pot?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this mold on the pot? It is a 12-inch terracotta pot. Whenever I fill the pot with potting mix, this mold-like stuff shows up. Is it good or bad? If bad, what can I do to get rid of it? Thank you very much for your help!

8cd35b10-ef93-4b4d-b91a-91a224af34ef.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is calcium and magnesium salts from your water. It won’t hurt anything. It adds character.
Thanks. Okay, I understand that the stain-like white areas are calcium and magnesium, but there were also some fluffy areas that looked like mold (see the circled area). Is that normal as well? Thanks again!
8cd35b10-ef93-4b4d-b91a-91a224af34ef - Copy.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks. Okay, I understand that the stain-like white areas are calcium and magnesium, but there were also some fluffy areas that looked like mold (see the circled area). Is that normal as well? Thanks again!View attachment 105151
Ccp is right, just salts from your water leaking through porous clay. That little black spot, wipe it off if it bothers you. Nothing to worry about. Looks like dirt to me. Yes, normal.

Ask a Question