Mango

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Its the mango season here. Every fruit shop will have this king of fruits giving it a pride of place. I have a few mango trees and two have fruits which will soon be plucked. Alphonso is the best of all varieties. I have one which is called Benet Alphonso
bubblemango.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
So far, I've only eaten store bought mangoes. Most of them didn't taste too good, but I've never tried the Alphonso variety.
Those mangoes in your picture look delicious:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
So far, I've only eaten store bought mangoes. Most of them didn't taste too good, but I've never tried the Alphonso variety.
Those mangoes in your picture look delicious:)
They grow in my garden. You must try the alphonso.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love mangoes and we have them all year round here as they were imported from Mexico mostly. I don't know what type of mangoes they are, and your look so delicious to sink my teeth in. Fresh pick mangoes have to be best tasting!

Reaction score
Very beautiful mangoes, the mangoes that grow in that kind of climate are always the sweetest. I know because the mangoes from my mother country are delicious. I made the huge mistake of buying mangoes in the Netherlands thinking they'd be as delicious and sweet as the ones from my country... big mistake.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love mangoes and we have them all year round here as they were imported from Mexico mostly. I don't know what type of mangoes they are, and your look so delicious to sink my teeth in. Fresh pick mangoes have to be best tasting!
You are right. All those mangoes that one gets in stores are artificially ripened - atleast that's what they do here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Very beautiful mangoes, the mangoes that grow in that kind of climate are always the sweetest. I know because the mangoes from my mother country are delicious. I made the huge mistake of buying mangoes in the Netherlands thinking they'd be as delicious and sweet as the ones from my country... big mistake.
There is one company here who are exporters of real good quality. Their name is Dhoble & Co.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
I love most types of mangoes, and the ones in your photo here look great as well, and I bet they taste good too. I have a mango tree in my backyard which bears about 3 times a year. We usually get a bumper crop from this tree. It is bearing now again, but at this time of year, the amount is not as great as in the summer months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our mango is like the one in the photo. Unfortunately, it was felled by typhoon Glenda in 2014 and it was just luck that it grew some branches again after we had cut off the main branches. Now there are 6 fruits that I saw but still small. Maybe it can be harvested next month. Our mango is one of the best apple type mango because it is very sweet and has no pungent odor like the ordinary apple mango.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love most types of mangoes, and the ones in your photo here look great as well, and I bet they taste good too. I have a mango tree in my backyard which bears about 3 times a year. We usually get a bumper crop from this tree. It is bearing now again, but at this time of year, the amount is not as great as in the summer months.
Here mangoes yield once a year. What type of mangoes do you have?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Our mango is like the one in the photo. Unfortunately, it was felled by typhoon Glenda in 2014 and it was just luck that it grew some branches again after we had cut off the main branches. Now there are 6 fruits that I saw but still small. Maybe it can be harvested next month. Our mango is one of the best apple type mango because it is very sweet and has no pungent odor like the ordinary apple mango.
That is the beauty of nature's fury. The trees look better after they are felled. We had a mini tornado in July of last year and all trees that were felled looking better than before.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
That is the beauty of nature's fury. The trees look better after they are felled. We had a mini tornado in July of last year and all trees that were felled looking better than before.

I like your optimism. Didn't you know that I cried when that mango tree was falling. Yes, I was looking at it when the wind pushed it down the fence of our backyard. We had been getting lots of fruits from that tree since we moved here in 2001 and you can imagine my disgust when I thought it was dead. But now I am happy that it is again giving us fruits although few in numbers but hopefully as the new branches grow, the fruits will multiply.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
What type of mangoes do you have?

The type of mangoes we have are called Malawi mangoes and I think they are really lovely. These are my favourite mangoes and they seem to grow abundantly in various parts of my country.

images

Ask a Question