Mango harvest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I just want to brag of the last harvest of our Indian mango which is planted in the vacant lot beside our property. Our housemaids did the picking by climbing the tree and using a small basket. The mangoes, although small, are sweet particularly the yellowish. You can imagine the delight of our friends when we distributed the mangoes. We couldn't finish all of it so why not share? No, we never thought of selling our harvest.
IMG_2437 indian mango.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have about a dozen mango trees in my orchard, some are about 6-7 feet tall and some are two stories tall. We always sell out surplus harvest. However, this year we had a poor harvest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
We too had quite a bountiful harvest of mangoes this year. We have only one mango tree, but it is huge and bears well. We usually have enough mangoes to give away to family and friends, and even enough to sell, although we do not usually sell them. We did so on a couple occasions though. It was a really bountiful harvest and even when we thought the tree had stopped bearing, we would look outside and see a few more mangoes on the tree again.

The mangoes shown in this photo are a totally different type of mango to the ones we have, but they look like mangoes that I have tasted before. A relative of mine used to have a tree that bore this type of mango. I find them to be very sweet. They tend to remain green even when ripe. The seed is quite small too.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Very nice picking, I can't grow mangos were I live because of the winter. We do have some frost here and what I have heard is that mangos aren't frost tolerant, are they the fibrous ones or the non-fibrous ones?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Here in East Africa, mangoes grow wild. People no longer plant them as a cash crop save for some dedicated farmers who are using hybrids. There has been a chill in the climate here and this has reduced mango yields since the plant needs warm weather to flourish. They are grown commercially at the coast. I look forward to growing a dwarf variety which has been bred to yield prolifically and give sweet juicy and colourful fruits over a short period of time.

Ask a Question