Mango Garden

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have a small mango garden in my farm. I have over dozen mango trees and about three varieties of mango. May to August is considered mango season. Mangoes in my garden are getting ripe. Have you grown mangoes?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am jealous with the amount of fruits you have in your garden! We can't grow mango here as it is too cold and the summer is short. The mangoes I bought in the market are important from Mexico.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have never! But i would love to grow them someday! Do you produce to sell them or keep them?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have tried a few times to get my mango plants to actually grow. I had a pit and a small sprout on the pit that was in my greenhouse and then as soon as I put it in dirt, it died. I am probably just going to cheat and get myself one that's already past the sensitive stage. Congrats on having that many mango trees!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Mangoes used to grow and yield prodigiously in our region which is in the tropics but this is no longer the case. There appears to be a drop in temperature which is not favourable for growing mangoes. There are few mango trees in homes now and the few surviving ones are being mowed down to provide charcoal for cooking and heating.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
I have a small mango garden in my farm. I have over dozen mango trees and about three varieties of mango. May to August is considered mango season. Mangoes in my garden are getting ripe. Have you grown mangoes?

Yes, we have a big mango tree in our backyard. This is the time of the year when it yields the most mangoes. I do not have a variety of mango trees though. Mango trees tend to grow very big and we already had to have some of the stems on our tree cut back. There are also lots of other mango trees in our neighborhood. So what do you do with all those mangoes, especially if all the trees are bearing at the same time? I guess you would sell some of the produce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Vinaya, a small mango garden sounds absolutely wonderful!:)
As for your question, I've never tried growing mangoes. It's too cold for them here. Also, I don't have enough space.

Reaction score
Country
United States

I owned a property in central america and had 3 huge mango trees on it. They yield an insane amount of fruit. I once took a picture at the supermarket where they were selling mangos for almost a dollar each, and then I took a picture of my trees and posted ´I am a millionaire´ It is a good bit of work to harvest them though, if you let them fall to the ground and stay there for even a day, you will end up with a fly, that can greatly diminish your harvest. The fly will lay eggs in the fruit still in the tree. Probably about 25% of our mangos were wasted because by the time they were ripe, they were full of worms. You have to have someone, or yourself remove all the mangos from the ground pretty much every day.

Ask a Question