Mammoth elephant ear bulb shoot browning

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, been holding up to this planted bulb for about 2 weeks now. Have been watering when the soil feels dry, and everything so far so good. Noticed a day ago that due to water erosion, the top part of the shoot started showing off. Today I was on my daily plant watch when I noticed again the same shoot showing off, this time with a darker coloration and soft touch. As soon as I could I removed the bulb to check for any rot signs, this is how my bulb is looking as of today. After inspecting the bulb I buried it deeper back into its outdoor pot.

I theorize the browning shoot happened due to the Texan harsh sun. What should I do?......... I read in another forum that you can easily remove the brown part and everything cool, but as far as I'm aware this procedure is used for water rot only.

Should I let that brown shoot be, or should I remove it?

09D93684-E567-46E6-86FC-28E353DC95C9.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would plant that in the morning sun only. If you have to put it in the full sun make sure you use a shade clothe to protect it.

Ask a Question