Looking for Breynia Roseopicta Snowbush plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not able to find this plant here in US . There are one or two on ebay and Etsy selling it but they turned out to be fake and scammers.
Purchased one on ebay , had to drive an hour to pick it up but seller was a no show and now refusing to even answer my inquiries.

Why is this plant so difficult to find ?
will appreciate anyone willing to sell a plant to me or point me to place that sells one.

Attachments

• Breynia_Roseoptica.JPG
    Breynia_Roseoptica.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Country
United States
1726257219907.png

Why don't you just get one of these. It's called " Variegated Jazz Hands Loropetalum" I have 6 of them. They only get 4' high and wide and change colors during the year. They get plum color for a couple months in winter, then they start getting green with white and pale pink spots, then the pink intensifies and they get pink frilly flowers as well.

These are easily found on line.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 105117
Why don't you just get one of these. It's called " Variegated Jazz Hands Loropetalum" I have 6 of them. They only get 4' high and wide and change colors during the year. They get plum color for a couple months in winter, then they start getting green with white and pale pink spots, then the pink intensifies and they get pink frilly flowers as well.

Will it grow I'm zone 10b? I'm in south florida

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Look at the reviews..this guy is a scammer
I looked at the reviews. The negative reviews that I saw were from folks who expected larger plants.

When buying mail order plants in my experience smaller is better due to the increased probability of success over larger transplanted plants. I did not see any scamming . I suspect larger plants do not transplant well...but to each their own.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I looked at the reviews. The negative reviews that I saw were from folks who expected larger plants.

When buying mail order plants in my experience smaller is better due to the increased probability of success over larger transplanted plants. I did not see any scamming . I suspect larger plants do not transplant well...but to each their own.
i bought it . lets see what I get , will report back

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 105117

your variegated jazz hands look very pretty and have light colors . all the ones i am seeing sold are much darker than yours , wondering if you have some special type ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
your variegated jazz hands look very pretty and have light colors . all the ones i am seeing sold are much darker than yours , wondering if you have some special type ?
Like I said earlier, they change colors during the year. The description usually doesn't state that fact and people expect them to stay highly variegated all the time, but they change colors dependent upon the heat. For example: kind of like how Star jasmine leaves turn a purpley color in winter then change back to green in spring.
I like how they change colors; it gives you something different to look at in each season.

Ask a Question