Lonicera Chic et Choc flower dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have two Lonicera Chic et Choc and the flowers are coming to bud and then just dying any idea why? They are in containers well fed and watered .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll take your word about the watering, though overwatering can do it as well as underwatering. Consistency and deep watering at decent intervals is key.
Have you checked under the leaves for aphids? There are a couple of other insects have a go at them as well.
'Well fed', what with? Using a seaweed extract can make sure all the minor elements are included as well as the NPK
They appreciate sunlight on the plant and shade on the roots, though I am not sure it would affect flower buds. It's a climber thing, clematis are the same, but could still affect a bush variety.
Sorry, that's all I can offer off the cuff.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll take your word about the watering, though overwatering can do it as well as underwatering. Consistency and deep watering at decent intervals is key.
Have you checked under the leaves for aphids? There are a couple of other insects have a go at them as well.
'Well fed', what with? Using a seaweed extract can make sure all the minor elements are included as well as the NPK
They appreciate sunlight on the plant and shade on the roots, though I am not sure it would affect flower buds. It's a climber thing, clematis are the same, but could still affect a bush variety.
Sorry, that's all I can offer off the cuff.
Thanks for your reply. They look pretty healthy just the flowers are dying. I don't think overwatering, everything else seems fine and I have quite a lot of pots to include Clematis. Yes a seaweed based feed. Ah well I will give them a bit longer and see what happens however with only having a small container garden every plant really has to earn its keep and a plant where all the flowers die isn't the look I am going for :O(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
every plant really has to earn its keep
An admirable attitude, I know too many people who want to try and save every poorly plant, but don't be too hasty, there may well be someone with better knowledge than me.
Welcome to the forum by the way, just noticed your join date.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An admirable attitude, I know too many people who want to try and save every poorly plant, but don't be too hasty, there may well be someone with better knowledge than me.
Welcome to the forum by the way, just noticed your join date.
I have to confess that I do tend to pass my plants on for free to people on Facebook Marketplace who "want to try to save every poorly plant" and who may have more luck than me :O)

Ask a Question