Logan berry what do I do with it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Logan berry and had quite a good crop but don't know what I should do with it. Do I cut down to ground level each year? It is 2 years old, last year no fruits but lots this year.
thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Gosh, I am not really familiar with Logan berry. My gut reaction would be if it's not broke don't fix it. I mean pruning it a little may help stimulate growth, but I would be nervous about over pruning. Maybe some of the experts on here, that know the bush could give you more direction on what to do. Good Luck and enjoy the Logan berry.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am really not sure if I have ever had a logan berry, but I am pretty sure that I have seen some bushes around. I would think that you could just keep cutting down and hoping for a regrowth each year, but I do not want to lead you astray and so I would just say do a little research and find out what the experts say. Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Cut the fruited canes down to the ground once they have finished fruiting and tie in the new canes for next Summer. They fruit next year on wood grown this year. The old stems will not produce fruit again.
We have thornless ones which are not as productive, but a lot easier to handle.

Ask a Question