Lemon tree issues

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi long time reader, first post though. Had lemon trees all my life just got a new property thought I would plant 2 trees one eureka and one lemonade lemon tree, the lemonade is thriving no issues very green leaves the eureka having issues just yesterday it started getting brown spots on the leaves that's quite large now (Pics attached) the tree is about 2 months old gets about 9hrs direct sunlight. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSC_0967.JPG
    DSC_0967.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0966.JPG
    DSC_0966.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 256
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi long time reader, first post though. Had lemon trees all my life just got a new property thought I would plant 2 trees one eureka and one lemonade lemon tree, the lemonade is thriving no issues very green leaves the eureka having issues just yesterday it started getting brown spots on the leaves that's quite large now (Pics attached) the tree is about 2 months old gets about 9hrs direct sunlight. Any suggestions?
On the second picture under magnification you will see what looks to be sooty mold. The first picture doesn't show this but does show some of the results. I strongly suspect that you have aphids

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Domenic :)

Are both trees in the same place with the same conditions?

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have lime and lemon trees in my backyard.In my experience sometimes it is ok to have that kind of symptoms on your plant. However, if it is growing perennial, you must take this seriously. Spray some insecticides o the leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I think there is a pest that's causing the brown spots. Sooner or later those affected leaves will wither and die. It happened to one of our lime trees that we had neglected in spite of noticing the brown spots. My husband thought it just lacked water so he instructed our housemaid to irrigate it regularly. Unfortunately, the brown spots had spread to all the leaves that caused the demise of that lime plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's correct same place 3m apart, I did put some seasol on them before it happend could of that affected it?

I wouldn't have thought so... unless perhaps you got some on the leaves?

Ask a Question