Lawn advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a new member looking for lawn advice please. We moved into our new home just about a month ago now and whilst we have all heard about no mow May I think the previous owners invented a new one by the name of no mow in 2024!! The grass must have been 3' high initially but after much effort I have now got it to a level where it can be easily mowed though it's not too short given current weather conditions. Unfortunately it is in a terrible state, it resembles a field of stubble when the combine has been over it, lots of bare patches and there is so much moss in it the scarifier will be busy when the time is right. What I would like to know is what should I do now, should I be thinking of giving it a feed or should I just let nature take its course, hope that the rains come and that it will green up in the coming months? Thanks very much, any advice much appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United States
If it's that bad you would probably be better off spending a day, (if your lawn isn't too big) with a stripper.
(No, not the one you tip at that club they work at !! 😆😂)

Remove all that old turf an lay new sod down.

Ask a Question