Lavender Not Blooming

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have Lavender some in a pot.

My Lavender has never bloomed. I started it from seed and kept it in the Greenhouse.

If I let go even that in the pot let it freeze this Winter should it Bloom?

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have Lavender some in a pot.

My Lavender has never bloomed. I started it from seed and kept it in the Greenhouse.

If I let go even that in the pot let it freeze this Winter should it Bloom?

big rockpile
No, you'll kill it. Lavender needs alkaline soil, lots of drainage and lots of heat without lots of humidity. They are Mediterranian plants and need a climate similar to that area of the world. I can't grow them here because although I have the heat I have too much humidity to suit them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it gets around zero for few days but Eden insisted I plant seed in Fall so it will get cold and germinate in the Spring but I now have plants.

I'm in 6b zone. I've dealt with the company several times and they know my zone.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did they say to plant them in fall inside under growlights? The lavender fields in the Mediterranian don't suffer temps below freezing very often.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep lavender cuttings in pots up against the north side of my greenhouse over winter, and they do fine, I'm guessing Sussex can get a good bit colder than you. I use reasonable size pots and group them together to mitigate against them freezing through, that won't do the roots any good.

Ask a Question