Japanese Beatles

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Seems like you already had your mind made up before you asked the question. No harm in using the pepperming oil unless you use way too much which is just going to burn up your pocketbook even more.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you top dressing or composting with coffee ground? I ask because I used to use coffee grounds in my compost and had a lot of june bugs. Then I read that coffee grounds are the absolute favorite material for june bugs to lay their eggs in. Took me a few years to clear the grubs out of the soil but now I very rarely see one.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you top dressing or composting with coffee ground? I ask because I used to use coffee grounds in my compost and had a lot of june bugs. Then I read that coffee grounds are the absolute favorite material for june bugs to lay their eggs in. Took me a few years to clear the grubs out of the soil but now I very rarely see one.
I use Coffee Grounds in my Compost and feed them to my Worms.

I've only had couple Japanese Beetles and just killed them. Haven't seen any for couple days.

big rockpile

Ginger with Roots

Ginger with Roots
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This is my worst year yet with Japanese beetles. I bought milky spore to put down because my garden is overwhelmed by them and I'm tired of picking them!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know not funny but yesterday I was picking Beans.

One of my plants was ate up. Found 1 Japanese Beetle and I killed it.

What is bad I found them on my Marigolds in my Herb Bed.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Birds are learning that Japanese Beetles are a food source, which they had to learn, since they're not native to North America.

I see them every year, but the only plants I've lost to them that were the plants I use as chop-and-drop plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven't seen as many this year. What few I seen I picked off and killed.

Seems interesting those with Greenhouses always have visitors. Matter of being vigilant.

Probably make good fish bait.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
My grapes leavers were decimated by the little buggers. I don’t know if they are the reason my grapes all turned brown and fell off

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
There is that FLY Bag catcher thing, Home Depo and Lowes carries it. Yes, made for Flies. However, I get some beetles caught inside there also. Its that plastic bag, has stinky something inside, you put water in it, and hang it. Love it for flies, just piles in there.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is Japanese Beetle traps I've used. Cut the bottom of the bag and hang a bucket with couple inches of soapy water.

They say not to use them because they draw in more Beetles than you had before.

big rockpile

Ask a Question