Is this savable? Either rotting, bugs, or gas.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We had to have the house tented and when we came back one of the cactus was black, and the other looked like someone hacked it with a chainsaw. 😭 I specifically asked if I should move the cactus further from the house and was told no. Is this savable? I replanted them but I’m worried they’ll die anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 38
Reaction score
Country
United States
They root quite easily in dry soil so, I would just cut off the bad parts, let the cut area dry and heal over for a few days, then stick them back into the soil. They'll survive

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
Some work crews are just oblivious to causing harm to plants. Make them pay for the damage because that's not cool. It should be able to propogate from each individual pad that isn't daged if you bury an inch or 2 back in the soil & give it a drink of water. I'm not sure if rooting hormone works on cactuses, but that might be an option as well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I replanted them a few weeks ago and they had what looks like bite marks on them and they fell over. I cut off the bad parts, put cinnamon on the cuts, and replanted them with 2 bags of cactus soil and some heavier rocks. Hopefully this saves them. 😭

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    515.9 KB · Views: 5

Ask a Question