Indoor Office Ivy over brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an office

In said office I have put up a stud-wall to further insulate sound-wise from the neighbouring office, and put 'Brick Slips' over the wall to give a brick-wall effect.

I would like to have ivy over my wall.

Which ivy should I use and how should I do this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_4425.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4423.JPG
    IMG_4423.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, that's a cool idea for soundproofing !! Very clever. You could put some screweyes in the studs, horizontally add wire then a planter of pothos ( they grow very fast) would eventually grow up and you can train it to cover the whole wall.

Boston ivy is your traditional ivy for brick walls but it takes longer to grow.

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
I have an indoor potted veriegated english ivy in with my mandarin orange tree, lemon balm and orange mint under a grow light. You can just plant it in a pot beneath the wall & build a trellis in the pot to start training it. Where you want it to grow on the wall you could put brick anchors and chicken wire or rebar slats to help it grip the wall. As it ages it can grip the brick on its own. You will need to trim & shape it as desired over the years & be patient for it to fill in. Maybe slowly expanding the framework for it to grip onto so it doesn't look bad before the ivy can cover it. Nice job on the wall by the way. I plan to do a similar thing with my ivy & with a stone wall in the master bath with my jasmine sambac.

Ask a Question