How do you grow your cucumbers?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Most people that grow their own cucumbers tend to let them run on the ground. After visiting a friend last year and seeing his cucumber vine, I decided to try something else. This picture isn't mine but this is the method that he used and that I decided to try this year.

9c736ab8f72658a677fb3917d640bf86.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
They don't appear to be cucumbers that I know. I grow mine on a trellis but the fruit doesn't hang like the one in your picture. I don't think the join to the fruit is stong enough to support a heavy fruit.
This is my trellis. Cucumbers take some training to get them to cling to the trellis.
26%20may%202013%20preparing%20beds.%20046_std.jpg

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?HTQHY 26 July 2007 Cucumbers (Cross Country)
Cross Country Cucumber (Hybrid) is the only type grown. There are eight plants between the supporting trellis, two together about two feet apart. The trellis is four by eight foot reinforcing concrete wire. There are two such trellis.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I grow mine along a vertical trellis on the south side of my home. That way my brick wall doesn't heat up as badly.

Ask a Question