Hi! Can someone help me figure out why my gardenias are turning brown??

Reaction score
Country
United States
We live in the south and have been experiencing quite a heat wave. I have been watering daily but a few of my gardenias appear to be totally dead and very brown. Too much sun? Too hot? Not enough water? Is it possible they’ll come back?

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_7690.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in south Georgia and watering it every day has probably done it in. You water weekly, a good deep drink, and if it's in partial shade or dappled shade, as it needs to be, it 's fine.

It looks totally dead to me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good to know! It is not in shade - it is in full sun.
The next few you get, must be in part shade, preferably only morning sun or all day dappled shade and always water very deeply. Giving just a little water every day never gets deep enough into the soil for the feeder roots to access it. There are no feeder roots on top, they are at the bottom of the roots, a foot or more down. Therefore your plant dies from lack of water. This is what you should do with almost all hedge and other plants.

Ask a Question