Hey everybody

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Just joined this forum to look at some ideas, get some advice and hopefully get more knowledge of gardening.
I do have some simple knowledge from family members, but I'm no expert.

I used to do a lot with my parents, now I'm doing it on my own!

That's about it! See you around.

Hoopla.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bonjour, @Hoopladoopla! What did your parents grow in the garden? :geek:
Hello,

Thanks for the greeting.
They grew a number of different plants over the years - mostly vegetables and herbs. Some flowers, but most of our flowers are in pots outside of the garden around the house. Flowers in the garden bed were more companion plants, such as lavender or African marigold.
They have grown hot pepper plants, various vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potato, corn, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, kale & so on... That kind of thing.

Basil, oregano and other herbs. We could never get cilantro to survive. Carrots were difficult.
Most of the time it was hot pepper plants though, and an attempt at tomatoes.

They did have 1 or 2 years where the [cherry] tomatoes were successful, but never much after that. We've had ghost peppers, Thai, cayenne, habenero & jalapeno. Mostly cayenne and Thai chilli.

Currently they are growing a lot of beans, purple beans, fava beans, garlic and a few herbs.

They have stopped and started the garden area multiple times, changed the landscape around a bit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AHH the good old days of growing stuff.
My neighbour used to grow things in his loft, until he was swatted.
Seems a little harsh if I ask me...!!
Oh well

Ask a Question