Gloxinia Leaves Curling

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two two gloxinia plants with leaves that are curling and drooping down and turning lighter-- and even yellowing.
Both are in African Violet pots and are being watered from the bottom. They receive bright light, but not direct light. I did an online scan and evaluation using an app however, it told me the issue was with the watering-- either too much or too little but didn't identify which. I am attaching a picture and am wondering if anyone can help me further identify specifically what is wrong. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20241022_220906.jpg
    20241022_220906.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20241022_220852.jpg
    20241022_220852.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think you have at least two different issues. The leaf-curling is most likely from insufficient humidity. It will take a humidifier to correct that. Pebbles with water in a tray won’t be enough.
It also needs more light. They like very bright light without much direct sun. A little in the morning or in the late afternoon with really bright light in between. You should be able to see a distinct shadow when you hold your hand between the plant and the light source.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you have at least two different issues. The leaf-curling is most likely from insufficient humidity. It will take a humidifier to correct that. Pebbles with water in a tray won’t be enough.
It also needs more light. They like very bright light without much direct sun. A little in the morning or in the late afternoon with really bright light in between. You should be able to see a distinct shadow when you hold your hand between the plant and the light source.
Thanks so much! This is easier said than done in my house, getting that combination! LOL!
I can move them to the window -- that would solve the light issue, but our house is very low humidity..... Maybe a small humidifier on the floor at the base... I will try it! 😁👍

Ask a Question