Garden Hoses

Reaction score
Country
United States
My yard and garden areas are too spread out to use drip irrigation or soaker hoses so we water by hand. The heavy, 100’ rubber hoses are a pain ro drag around and wind back up on a hose reel. This year, I switched to the lightweight, hoses that expand when filled. I’ve used them in the past and learned not to drag them on hard surfaces and their smaller diameters reduce the flow. So far, we’re happy with how much easier they are to use. Anyone wish to share their experience with them?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have three 50' rubber hoses and one 100' expandable. I had two 100' expandables and they lasted me about 5 years. It is a pain lugging the rubber ones but once they're situated in the middle of the property, with just the one 100' expandable, I can go whichever way I like carrying the expandable on my arm.

I would rather have a couple of standpipes, one in the middle of each half of the yard but have that planned for the future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I am just glad to have hoses that do not fail in the sun. I bought 7 or so of those hose reels in a metal box and covered the 3 reels attached to the house with trimmed pieces of that hard plastic material found on the bottom of a lawn sweeper bag I had laying around. I have more than 1k feet of hose and replacing it is no joke. Its enough work keeping the reels lubricated and the seals fresh so no leaks.

Ask a Question