Fruitcicles

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My friend just gave me an awesome idea that I thought I would share with you all. She just picked a bag full of plums from her grandmother's yard and knew that they would go to waste if she did not do something with them quick. She went home, shoved popcicle sticks into each one and put them in the freezer. The result was delicious plumcicles! I am just imagining all the different fruits you can do with this method.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's a fantastic idea! I love fresh cherries, so I will use tooth picks and freeze them for later consumption, especially for the coming winter months when cherries are very rare to have. Thanks for sharing!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is an excellent idea, I which I had a plum tree right now that had a ton of fruit to make into plumicicles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's a fantastic idea! I love fresh cherries, so I will use tooth picks and freeze them for later consumption, especially for the coming winter months when cherries are very rare to have. Thanks for sharing!
Ooh frozen cherries sound very good, and the toothpick idea is wonderful! It is great what we all come up with when we put our minds together!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
That's what we usually do with star apple. But we don't put a stick, hahahaaa. What we normally do is slice in half the star apple and put in a plastic container the flesh and mix with a little sugar and some milk before freezing. It's more delicious than ice cream because the fruits are real. Even mango, we also freeze them but it's nicer if mixed with banana.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds like a really great idea:) Thank you for sharing it. Lately, I've been eating unimaginable amounts of ice cream. I'm sure that plumcicles will be much healthier and equally tasty.

Reaction score
That is such a nice idea! Thanks for sharing! I actually love eating my grapes frozen, sadly one of my teeth is giving me huge sensibility issues, so for now I can't eat anything like that. But I swear frozen grapes are as good as ice cream when you are on a diet or watching what you eat ;) It's such an easy way to control that craving ;)

Reaction score

That sounds like a really nice treat! I bet those frozen cherries taste even better that frozen grapes ;) My fiance's favorite fruit is cherries, but we never have enough cherries to froze because he just eats them all :p A lot people grows them locally where we will be living, I might buy some extra ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Rosyrain and @Trellum I freeze some cherries last summer since they helps with my insomnia. I just need a handful of cherries everyday for my dosage, so I can get some sleep. Right now, cherries are still high in price, so I will definitely get some when the price drops.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
@Rosyrain and @Trellum I freeze some cherries last summer since they helps with my insomnia. I just need a handful of cherries everyday for my dosage, so I can get some sleep. Right now, cherries are still high in price, so I will definitely get some when the price drops.
Cherries and insomnia. Never heard of it so must try it as most of my posts are done all hours of the early morning. Does it matter when you take your daily dosage IcyB? I do like the idea of freezing them plus the idea of the plumcicles. We have 3 plum trees which are past their prime but still give us a few. Our place is built on an old orchard apparently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cherries contain natural melatonin, so eating them in the evening, before going to bed, is a very good idea:)
My boyfriend bought a lot of nectarines, I think I'll try to freeze some of them today:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Claudine. I'll give it a go when they are in season. I gave some in a jar so maybe tomorrow evening il try it. Tucked up in bed right now so too late for tonight, I hope.:sleep: ......for a while at least!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cherries and insomnia. Never heard of it so must try it as most of my posts are done all hours of the early morning. Does it matter when you take your daily dosage IcyB? I do like the idea of freezing them plus the idea of the plumcicles. We have 3 plum trees which are past their prime but still give us a few. Our place is built on an old orchard apparently.

I just eat whenever I can or remember :) I have to take care of my teenager and an elderly mom, so I am in and out of the house at different hours. In the winter when there are no fresh cherries, I eat dried ones. I don't like taking chemicals, so I will go for nature rememdies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just eat whenever I can or remember :) I have to take care of my teenager and an elderly mom, so I am in and out of the house at different hours. In the winter when there are no fresh cherries, I eat dried ones. I don't like taking chemicals, so I will go for nature rememdies!
Wow, that is amazing. I never knew that cherries help you to sleep. I am going to freeze them up just for that reason. I get bad insomnia sometimes because I have anxiety and this beats having to take sleeping pills or Nyquil. I am always about going the natural route when I can.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm afraid cherries won't make you sleepy instantly. You need to eat them every day to see the results. Same goes for melatonin in pills.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatlessly

Latest Threads