"Free" Extended Guarantees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Our Bosch dishwasher died a month ago and on Thursday, our Bosch Washing machine, which had been a companion of the dishy for nine years, must have decided, "it couldn't live without it" and died too.
I decided in both instances, I wasn't going to try to have them repaired, as they'd had a lot of use, so I decided to replace them.
We chose Bosch again for both.
Our tumble dryer lives in the cupboard under the stairs, so is, "unaware of the situation." It's at least five years older than both, so it won't be a surprise when it pops its cloggs, but hopefully not too soon, as I don't want it to "die in sympathy." It's on every day, sometimes as many as four times. So has had more wear than the other two.

The laundry is piling up, but the new washing machine will be delivered tomorrow. Once I've installed it, "it won't know what has hit it." I hope the dryer can cope too.

Anyway.
The guarantee on Bosch appliances is two years, but on certain models they extend this to five years, which applies to both those we've chosen.
So, here's the questions.

1, Do they think they will get fewer guarantee claims on these models, because they are better made?
2, Do they make more profit on these models, so the longer guarantee is an inducement to buy?
3, Or both?

Last edited:

Ask a Question