Flower Color

Reaction score
I love flowers that have blue, purple, bright, light, or just a hint of the color. I think they are unique, magnificent, and portray beauty and calmness.

Some of my favorites are Purple Trumpets and Morning Glories.

I am also very particular about the Yellow Rose. It is the only flower I like in that color.

Do you have a preferred color for your flowers?

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm totally crazy for purple!!!! I love blue as well in a flower... that's why I love morning glories as well. But blue in a flower is a very rare occurrence, at least for me, so far.... I'm not big fan of let's say light pink roses, but I'm crazy for the fucsia and orange ones.

Reaction score
Oh I do - so long as its strong and vibrant, because where I live, the light is so strong, especially in the summer months, that anything with a pastel hue pales into insignificance.

I love bright cobalt blues and vivid yellows, deep purples and violet, along with all the vibrant pinks like cerise and magenta but just adore anything in the plum or wine colored range such as clarets and velvety burgundies, the only vibrant color that I don't like is orange or anything in that color range.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never been a big fan of bright colors. My favorite flowers are white. They always look so clean, fresh and elegant. In my opinion there is nothing more beautiful than a white rose.
This picture speaks for itself:)

WHITE-ROSES.jpg

Reaction score
Trellum: I get what you are saying, because even though I have a color preference, I have found myself buying flowers for their beauty and color. I remember getting and Alamanda because it has the most unique Burgundy mix with cream.

Gata: Pale colors, or off colors, can be beautiful in arrangements if against a great contrast, but like you said vibrant colors, always catch my eye.

Claudine: I have to say that those are some beautiful White flowers, They are the color I picked for my wedding day, However, the rest of the decorations had an ocean light blue to contrast.

Thank you ladies, for your great input.

Reaction score
charahome, - said Pale colors, or off colors, can be beautiful in arrangements if against a great contrast, but like you said vibrant colors, always catch my eye

I would definitely agree with you there, and do like to see some of the paler shades of my favorite colors offsetting the more vibrant ones, but more often than not, have to mix different tones in order to achieve that affect, as the light here is so powerful and strong that it wipes the color out of everything, but do manage to get some of the paler colors in some of the few shady areas that I have, where they really stand out, and add a very fresh and alive look, to an area that would otherwise be rather dull.

Ask a Question