Flea beetles on tomatoes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I recently noticed some tiny pin-like holes in the leaves of some of my tomato seedlings. Did some internet sleuthing and I think it might be flea beetles. I’ve seen a few small black bugs that could be flea beetles. I was considering trying neem oil, but read that it can harm tomato seedlings, and I’m not sure at what point the plants are big enough that the neem oil won’t hurt them. Any advice for getting rid of the beetles?

Attachments

• IMG_9375.jpeg
    IMG_9375.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9374.jpeg
    IMG_9374.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9371.jpeg
    IMG_9371.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Country
United States
Main thing on Neem if it is applied middle of the day it will burn because of the oil.

I sprayed my Peppers with Neem and did just fine.

big rockpile

PorridgeRIce

”生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美“
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Malaysia
Hey all, I recently noticed some tiny pin-like holes in the leaves of some of my tomato seedlings. Did some internet sleuthing and I think it might be flea beetles. I’ve seen a few small black bugs that could be flea beetles. I was considering trying neem oil, but read that it can harm tomato seedlings, and I’m not sure at what point the plants are big enough that the neem oil won’t hurt them. Any advice for getting rid of the beetles?
hi, you don't have to be worry when using neem oil since it work just fine for my cucumber too, neem oil is actually useful foe this kind of situation especially if you see any bettle, flea appearing on top/bottom of the leaves, just spray neem oil and it will keep those nasty flea/bug away atleast for almost a day or two if theres no rain. Just make sure you dont spray it in the afternoon or if you do, make sure to keep your plant in shade area or it will burnt your leaves

Ask a Question