Fixing a hedge to the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I have a large hedge at the front of my property next to the front door.

It was tied to the wall poorly with hanging baskets by the previous owner.

The hedge grew and during a storm the figure broke and now leans out. See image attached.

I have chopped the top half of the hedge as it got too big. But still it leans out.

The hedge is difficult to move. And I have no idea the most effectice way to fix this to the wall. Ideas?

Not a professional just here for informed advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240629_175920.jpg
    20240629_175920.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 8

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
Well you can drive some wooden plant stakes or a post on either side behind the bush & affix some lattice or other trelis & tie the main branches back to that to train it back towards the house, or you can put anchor points in the wall to attatch some framework to do the same. It will always grow towards the sun so you need to add something sturdy that resists that & doesn't damage the wall or foundation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It was planted too close to the house wall which is why it leans. My suggestion would be to remove it and plant something else further away taking into account it's mature height and spread.

Ask a Question