Finding Boxwood shrubs big enough to fill gap sooner rather than later.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a gap in a squared off row of boxwoods that needs to be filled that is 24" tall x 24" deep and about 40" long. All of the shrubs I can find at local nurseries so far (San Francisco Bay Area) are in about 1 gallon pots and are so small that it would take many years of growing and pruning before they would nicely fill the gap (see pics).

I should probably be reaching out to a more local forum but I don't know of one- can anyone recommend a nursery in Northern CA the might have boxwood shrubs in much more mature sizes? Or any other ideas for sourcing a couple of large boxwood shrubs to fill this gap more quickly? I know whatever I get will still require some amount of time to prune/grow to match the existing "box" of hedges.
IMG_8541.jpeg
IMG_8540.jpeg
IMG_8539.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you tried online nurseries?
If it were me, and I couldn't find big enough replacements, I'd fill the space with something quirky like a cool garden statue, birdbath, or a tall collumnar evergreen.
Just sayin' 😁

Ask a Question