Fall Weed Control Prior to Reseeding

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our small HOA has 1.6 acres of turf. Due to poor past practices, much of it is weed infested: Nutsedge, Ground Ivy, Crabgrass, Black Medic, Oxalis, Clover, Dandelions, and Chickweed.

I want to meet with our contractor and strategize for the late summer weed control program. Is there any source that could tell me the names (and minimum number) of selective herbicides that would control all these weeds?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Roundup kills all broadleaf weeds and whatever is not broadleavec you will need to get Roundup for grass and broadleaves weeds.

But.. chickweed and dandelions have deep, fleshy taproots and you need to dig those out. If you don't loosen the soil well around them and deep down, you could leave a tiny bit of that tap root in the soil and it will be right back next season. Ask me how long I've been digging those suckers out !! 😑

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply but there's no way of digging up chickweed and dandelions on 1.6 acres. Also, plain "Roundup" is non selective. Roundup for grass and broadleaves covers many weeds but not nimblewill.

Ask a Question