Easy Way To Cut Watermelon

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now that it is harvest time and many have watermelon to cut up this can help make it faster.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing this! I had never thought of this way to cut watermelon! It does look like a better way than I actually do it now! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, I love this method! It seems so easy, I'll give it a try.
The main reason why I don't like watermelons is because I always end up soaked with their juice when I'm trying to eat them;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is an excellent method. I personally do not like watermelon, but my family enjoys it. I just like to cut it up and sometimes make fun shapes.

Reaction score
He is really quick and coordinated. I'm such a klutz that if I tried to cut that fast, I would get horribly injured. I cut myself last week just slicing a bagel in half.

Reaction score
Excellent video. Takes me forever to cut my watermelons. Definitely going to watch this a couple more times and try it out the next time I slice a watermelon for the family.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I think that I will just end up making a mess out of the watermelon if I try this. :p I am used to the traditionL way of cutting this fruit, so I think that I will just stick to that method. Thanks for sharing this though!

Reaction score
It looks a little tricky to get those first cuts into the sides of the melon, but it keeps it contained nicely.
My sister is a chef. This is how she showed me to do it:
First cut the melon in half. Lay it flat side down. Cut off the rind starting at the top and down. Get out the white off. Then you can cut it into slices. If you want chunks then lay a couple of slices on top of each other and cut one way and then the opposite.

Reaction score
I guess there an easy way to do everything. Just like there's a right way and a wrong way. The easy way often time will get you in trouble, so beware.

Reaction score
Cutting watermelon this way may or may not be easier. I was excited when I found out how to get to the pomegranate insides easier though. Cut a pomegranate in half just cutting through the outer skin. Pull halves apart. Hold half upside down over a bowl. Hit back with a wooden spoon repeatedly. You have to hit pretty hard. The pomegranate insides fall out. Repeat with other side.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
What an excellent way to cut the watermelon! Thank you for sharing this with all of us, I usually avoid buying it because it takes so much time and mess to cut it up.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
OMG I love this! This is magical to me. I eat about 300 watermelons during the summer (exaggerating lol) but cutting them is the biggest nightmare to me - although worth it! I can't wait to buy a melon now to try that :) I never thought of that before and am so happy I came across this video :)

Ask a Question