Dried up tomato flower buds

Reaction score
Country
United States
Never had this problem before. Flowers die off. I do have a few tomatoes that are growing but not many. I usually have tons of fruit. Good watering, good fertilizing and lots of Sun. Help

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What are your nighttime LOW temperatures, daytime high temperatures and what is the humidity?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are your nighttime LOW temperatures, daytime high temperatures and what is the humidity?
I live is S La. So Obviously our humidity is high but temperature is right now at night or in the low 70s. It’s just kind of strange that I never had this issue before the only thing I could be it would be that I cut some of the foliage below the fruit as recommended what do you think about that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I live is S La. So Obviously our humidity is high but temperature is right now at night or in the low 70s. It’s just kind of strange that I never had this issue before the only thing I could be it would be that I cut some of the foliage below the fruit as recommended what do you think about that?
Your temps and humidity are about the same as mine. Tomato set is determined by low nighttime temps and humidity. If the humidity is too low the tomato buds cannot set fruit because the pollen cannot adhere. If the humidity is too high the pollen becomes sticky and cannot move. Of late we have had very high humidity. Temps are crucial in tomato set. Nighttime low temps of 74F+ and fruit will not set even with perfect humidity and our humidity has been anything but perfect. Even with perfect temps of 68F too high a humidity and fruit will not set. It has just been one of those years

Ask a Question