Cucumber Plants slowly dying

Reaction score
Country
United States
All: My cucumber plants are slowly dying. This happened with my spring planting and is again happening with the August Planting. The leaves will slowly turn to yellow, then brown, then eventually die.

The August plants are in the same spot that the Spring plants were in. The only thing I did different in the fall was add DE Earth to the sop of my soil, since my cabbage and brocolli were getting attaked by bugs from within the soil.

Any idea what's going on here? I'd like to try and save this batch, but more importantly fix things for the spring.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
All: My cucumber plants are slowly dying. This happened with my spring planting and is again happening with the August Planting. The leaves will slowly turn to yellow, then brown, then eventually die.

The August plants are in the same spot that the Spring plants were in. The only thing I did different in the fall was add DE Earth to the sop of my soil, since my cabbage and brocolli were getting attaked by bugs from within the soil.

Any idea what's going on here? I'd like to try and save this batch, but more importantly fix things for the spring.
I hope I am wrong but I think you have Cucumber Mosaic Virus or another strain of mosaic virus. There is no cure. Cucumber Mosaic Virus is spread by aphids. The good news is that it doesn't live in the soil, only on the infected plant debris. Squash and melons are infected by beetles but the result is the same. When plants are young inspect daily for any type of insect and take appropriate action.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered if it was an attack of Autumn? I am about 20 degrees further North than you, but mine have gone already.
I read what Chuck said about it not being in the soil, but I would still put them somewhere else next year.

Ask a Question