Cucumber leaf diagnosis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would anyone be able to give thier opinion on what we are doing wrong, I will post a pic. Water every morning before work, ground doesn't seem like we are over watering. No obvious mite or bugs, doesn't mean there isn't any. Any help would be appreciated, if pic does come through, entire leaf is yellowing and almost brittle, some with only the leaf membrane attached
1000006861.jpg

Mystic Moon Tree

Herbalist, Gardener, & Permaculturist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b to 8 unique microclimate
Country
United States
I agree that they will be overcrowded once they reach full size later in the season. Fertilize more often. When squash plants roots are cramped it can stunt their growth in my experience & they are slow growers. But, I also think you have a fungal disease of some sort effecting them. Try spraying with a dilute dawn dish soap spray with 1/4th to 1/2 cup milk added & a tablespoon of neem oil incase you have pests. Surround the cuccumber/ squash area with crushed eggshells to deter slugs and snails. You can plant these other plants with them next time & they will be happier in a pollyculture guild: Corn, Beans, Dill, Mustard.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I brought the stem and leave to the nursery in our area, she think we are getting wounded by Beatles at night.. so of coarse she thinks it's a pest problem. So we'll see, I'd like to thank you all for you advice.

Ask a Question