Cucumber Issues

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having cucumber plant issues, specifically some branches are healthy, some are dying off. I live in Zoe 7A. I started my plants from seeds in early April and planted them in the ground around 10-May.

The issue is that some of the branches off of the main plant are entirely wilted, some are perfectly normal, and some are a mix. The ones that are a mix of good and wilted are more wilted towards the base, with the healthy part being farther from the base.

My wife said she found a cucumber Beatle in our lettuce, which was planted right next to the cucumbers. I just (10 minutes ago) learned about this. I went out, cut off the bad branches and most of the dead leaves. I also gave them a good spray of Nheem oil and Captain Jack's Super Soap.

I can't get any pictures right now because it's almost dark here, but I'll try and get some up tomorrow.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would chalk that up as a weak plant. I had similar with my cuce plants: one wilted badly and the others were fine. Since there was no pest damage and all had the exact came conditions, I yanked it out, told it, " It's the trash bin for you now Buddy" and that was that.

Ask a Question