Clementis dying

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

There was once a very successful clematis on my arbour in the front yard. It was significantly damaged last year and i planted a second new one beside it. The old one lived and the new one grew well til the fall then died off.

Over winter, the old one also died off. In early May this year i planted a new "Vancouver morning mist clementis" there, I dug out all the old and out lots of good compost in with the planting. I fertilizer and watered throughout the season and not grew well, from about 1.5' when planted to around 4-5 feet. Flowered twice with around 3-4 flowers per time.

The last month it's started going from healthy green, to drying, now browning.

Is it savable? Can anyone help with a way to save it or prevent this from happening?

Attachments

• IMG_3634.png
    IMG_3634.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3628.jpeg
    IMG_3628.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3629.jpeg
    IMG_3629.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3627.jpeg
    IMG_3627.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Country
United States
Read the part about keeping the plants healthy. Sounds like you may have been hasty, unknowingly so, in removing plants that could have made a comeback. (Also: Your title read "Clementis.")

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Read the part about keeping the plants healthy. Sounds like you may have been hasty, unknowingly so, in removing plants that could have made a comeback. (Also: Your title read "Clementis.")

Thanks for the reply.

The last ones I waited a long time, and when I pulled them up they just came right out and were rotted... very dead, unfortunately.

These ones as you can see are brown all the way to the base, should I chop it right to the ground?

Ask a Question