Citrus trees bug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 citrus treesin my conservatory they were nearly killed ny i think scale bug. My trees have started to flower and grow agaain but these things keep apoearing. How can i get rid of them for good snd are they hiding in the soil

Reaction score
Country
United States
If they're aphids or black fly you can hose them off and introduce ladybugs, or lady birds as I think you call them in Britain. They will be feasted on until the last one is digested. 😄

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are not aphids they are scale bugs like brown hard scales and little caterpillars
Insecticides do not work on hard scale. Hard scale is killed by smothering it and oil is used for this purpose. Neem Oil kills both hard and soft scale. Neem Oil has a short shelf life so use it fresh. Hard scale does not fall off of the tree when dead, it is stuck there until the tree grows enough to shed it. Soft scale insects do not look like caterpillars. Use Bt on caterpillars.

Ask a Question