Can I make my 1 trunk money tree with only 5 stems with leaves grow more and get more bushy??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I'm so very new at this whole plant thing and I bought a money tree. It only has 1 trunk with 5 leaves growing near the top. All the other ones I see have braided trunks which I now know are more than one tree. I guess my question is How do I promote more growth to make it more bushy? Did I buy the wrong tree? Should I have bought one with multiple trees in one pot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't spoil it too much, water it occasionally when it gets dry and don't disturb it much. They are money trees because in a house where everyone is busy making money and has no time to fuss over them they do well.
Mind you, I am assuming we are talking about the same thing, common names like that can be different plants sometimes, especially in different countries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Or push it with plenty of light and water. If you’re talking about Pachira aquatica (check out some images to be sure), the species name says it all, as long as it gets the light. If the branches get thin and spindly, cut them to a bud growing in the direction you want more foliage.

Ask a Question