Avocado tree growing fast

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello!
This is my first avocado seed that is actually growing and I am really worried that I will do something wrong with it!

When should I transfer it to a pot and which is the best way to keep it safe? I am worried that the soil will have a lot of moisture for it.

Thank you in advance for any advice!
Helen

Attachments

• PXL_20240727_211048707.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240727_211048707.PORTRAIT.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Country
United States
This guy is terrific. I think you'll get all the info you need from his video:

Just in case you're thinking you may get fruit from this avocado plant ---- ever:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10 - 11
Country
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Forget the videos. I have done what you've done. Put them in a pot with soil. Once they get settled into the pot, after a few weeks, you will need to top the main stalk in order to force more branches. But you will NEED to put it in the ground at some point. Are you expecting to pick avocados? Don't bet on that because it will take years for that to happen and avocado trees require two trees. The question is, what is the best way to pollinate with yours since avocado trees open for fertilization at different times during the day which is dictated by the type of tree you have.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted mine when it was grown just a few inches out of the seed. I transferred it to a bigger pot when it outgrew the first one. It's 3 years old now, been growing in my dining room LED garden. Now it's too big for the huge pot it's in now. I need to find someone that can plant it outside, it's been touching the roof for almost 2 years.
Resize_20240729_193226_6994.jpg
Resize_20240729_193226_6319.jpg
Resize_20240729_193223_3539.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Greece
This guy is terrific. I think you'll get all the info you need from his video:

Just in case you're thinking you may get fruit from this avocado plant ---- ever:

That's very informative! Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I know that I won't probably get any fruits, but that's fine, my purpose for now is to keep it alive :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Forget the videos. I have done what you've done. Put them in a pot with soil. Once they get settled into the pot, after a few weeks, you will need to top the main stalk in order to force more branches. But you will NEED to put it in the ground at some point. Are you expecting to pick avocados? Don't bet on that because it will take years for that to happen and avocado trees require two trees. The question is, what is the best way to pollinate with yours since avocado trees open for fertilization at different times during the day which is dictated by the type of tree you have.
Thank you for your reply. ahh I really feel bad cutting the top and I am so worried it will just stop growing and die.
Yes, I know about how many years it will take to pick avocados, but thats ok, my goal for now is to keep it alive and happy :love:

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I planted mine when it was grown just a few inches out of the seed. I transferred it to a bigger pot when it outgrew the first one. It's 3 years old now, been growing in my dining room LED garden. Now it's too big for the huge pot it's in now. I need to find someone that can plant it outside, it's been touching the roof for almost 2 years.
View attachment 104623View attachment 104624View attachment 104625
omg I didn't know it could actually grow that much inside the house and that fast!
I am going to plant mine in soil soon. You guys gave me hope!

Ask a Question