238.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7980.jpeg
    IMG_7980.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to reply .
I did have soft scale and red scale around another side of my house and I ground drenched with amidacloprod for a few times over the three weeks and all of that scale has died . I have been told imidacloprid doesn’t kill hard scale so it is possible . I did ground drench that particular one also that has this pest at the same time I did the other hedges . The white patches appear as if they had something there that is no longer there as it’s more like a white flat stain .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to reply .
I did have soft scale and red scale around another side of my house and I ground drenched with amidacloprod for a few times over the three weeks and all of that scale has died . I have been told imidacloprid doesn’t kill hard scale so it is possible . I did ground drench that particular one also that has this pest at the same time I did the other hedges . The white patches appear as if they had something there that is no longer there as it’s more like a white flat stain .
The white patches could be damage from soft scale that has moved somewhere else. The best way to kill hard scale is to smother it and that involves using an oil such as horticultural oil or Neem Oil. Hard scale, even when dead, will not fall off of the plant until the affected part grows slightly and forces the scale to fall.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is the red scale that I had on the other plants , I was told that they were red scale .Also on the plant in the thread there are also white little spots all over the leaf would you know of that is a pest .

Attachments

• IMG_7837.png
    IMG_7837.png
    924.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7835.png
    IMG_7835.png
    763.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7836.png
    IMG_7836.png
    897.6 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The best systemic that I have found for hard scale has the active ingredient Dinotefuran. The downside is that it is rather pricey.
I will try that, is it foliar systemic as well as ground systemic ? The Movento is also extremely expensive and apparently it can be leaf sprayed and will work systematically downwards and up and go through the entire plant via leaf spray . I am a little concerned with adding more on chemical to the hedges since having being triple drenched with a Imidacloprid recently ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I will try that, is it foliar systemic as well as ground systemic ? The Movento is also extremely expensive and apparently it can be leaf sprayed and will work systematically downwards and up and go through the entire plant via leaf spray . I am a little concerned with adding more on chemical to the hedges since having being triple drenched with a Imidacloprid recently ?
Yes, it is both a foliar spray and a soil drench.

Ask a Question