Anniekay's garden in S. Ga. USA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought I'd post a few pics so that you can get an idea of what my yard looks like.
it's a huge work in progress and has gone from a house with nothing planted but grass in 2021, to my attempt to fill out the beds and borders with "the pretty" of whatever will grow here in the muggy south east.

Without further ado:My little japanese persimmon tree
IMG_20240629_072811.jpg
IMG_20240629_074005.jpg
IMG_20240629_072811.jpg
IMG_20240629_074005.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't find anyone growing them near me. They say they take 5-8 years to fruit. Mine are approximately 4 years old and this year they flowered. I tried polinating them with a soft brush, no bees were around, but the flowers fell off a few weeks later.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its not uncommon for a first flower to not produce fruit & drop them, or even juvenile fruit. It just means they're close & the trees themselves can't quite support the energy needed to produce yet. I have plums, cherries, peach & apples that do the same when they start to hit maturity. It is hard to be patient when you first see those flowers. Its hard to wait a whole nother year & then another. It will be worth the wait.

Ask a Question